The Scientific initiation program (IC) aims to provide to the undergraduate student, through supervision of qualified researcher, learning in techniques and methods of research, as well as act as a stimulus for the development of scientific thought and creativity, arising from the conditions created by the direct confrontation with the research issues.
The IC program relies on grants from Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento CientÃfico e TecnolÃ³gico (CNPq) and FundaÃ§Ã£o de Amparo Ã Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (FAPEMIG). There are two modalities of scholarship:Â scientific initiation program (PIBIC and PROBIC) and technological initiation program (PIBIT).
Registration of candidates for the scientific initiation program
The goal of the curriculum database is to promote an exchange between the scientific initiation program candidates and the potential supervisors from CPqRR. Candidates should be selected and contacted directly by interested advisor (profile/curriculum best suited to the project/research in question). The registration in the curriculum database will have a validity of one year and does not imply automatic acceptance or institutional commitment with the candidate for interview and/or internship. Candidates identified by advisors will be invited to participate in the competitive selection process and his admission as a fellow is dependent to the approval of the scientific initiation scholarship.
Key requirements and commitments of the candidate
- Be regularly enrolled in undergraduate course of institution of public or private higher education recognized by the Ministry of Education;
- Have an average yield in the disciplines studied greater than or equal to 70%;
- Don’t have disapproval in disciplines related to the activities of the research project;
- Not accumulate scholarship or employment of any kind;
- Develop the proposed work plan activities under the dedication of 20 (twenty) hours per week.